Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Planning Ahead

A guy who worked in the same building I did asked me out. He was attractive, smart, seemed like an all-around good guy. Our first date went fairly well and at the end of the date we made plans for a second date. I liked him and was looking forward to seeing him again.

We talked once over the phone that week, and then he called the day of the date to finalize plans.

Five minutes into the conversation, he said: "Look, am I going to get lucky tonight?"

"Excuse me?" I answered.

"I mean I like you and all, but if we're not going to have sex tonight we may as well forget it, because if I was just going to go to a movie I'd rather do it with a guy."

He really said this. Out loud. I mean it's one thing to think it. . . even weirder, he was genuinely surprised when I told him to just go out with his friends.

--Helen

No comments: