Sunday, July 13, 2008

If Dates Could Kill

I had just broken up with my boyfriend of three years when my Mom said that she knew someone perfect for me. So, I let her set it up.

Although the plan was to pick me up at my house at 8pm, he ended up calling at 8:15 to tell me that he was running late and it would be better if I met him at the Arby's down the road.

When I got there, I found him in the restaurant ordering food for himself. He said he assumed that I had eaten, which I hadn't. We decided to go to a movie (after he finished eating).

He ended up parking in front of an office building because we were early for the movie. Turned out to be his Dad's office, and he took me upstairs because he said it would be a comfortable place to talk.

After what seemed like hours (of him talking about himself), he got up and switched off the lights behind me. "What are you doing? Are we leaving?" I asked. "My eyes hurt, and we missed the movie," he said in the pitch dark. "You know ... no one knows your here, and this is an empty office building right now ..." He let the implication settle, then, very slowly said, "I could kill you right now if I wanted to, and probably get away with it!"

My feet didn't hit the floor as I ran out of there, all 18 floors down to the lobby and got myself a cab back to Arby's to pick up my car. What a creep!

--submitted by Cheryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the man you dated sounds like a phoney you shouldnt go out with a looser like that with out cheaking to see who he realy is