Sunday, July 13, 2008

A rude, drunk pothead

I'm a hostess at a nice restaurant in Los Angeles and met what I thought was a nice and attractive guy last year. So I made a date with him. The drive to the restaurant went fairly well. But, as soon as we got to the restaurant, he was very rude to the host and then equally rude to the waiters. That is a big turn-off for me, not to mention very embarrassing -- but I let it slide. We sat at the bar before we got our table and he guzzled two martinis before we even sat down. During dinner he kept leaving the table to "smoke." I found out later that he was smoking pot! Then the date got worse. He continued to gulp down his drinks and get very, very loud. Then, he proceeded to flirt with a woman at the other table. He mocked everything I said. For example, he said I looked nice and then demanded to know who bought my clothes for me. When I mentioned that I was working on a documentary, he looked at me and said, "Yeah, right ... you?" The capper of the evening was when he asked me if I'd like a "poke." I thought I had heard wrong, so I said, "Excuse me?" He repeated his request and then said he'd pay me for it! This was beyond insulting, so I left to see if there was a window in the ladies room by which I could escape. No such luck. When got back, however, he was off on one of his "smoke breaks," so I had time to plan a hasty exit. I ended up enlisting the help of some nice guys sitting next to our table. One of them kept watch while the other one helped me get a cab home. Can you believe he called me the next day? As you can imagine, there was no second date.

--submitted by Diana

No comments: