Sunday, July 13, 2008

Waitress to the Rescue

After meeting what seemed to be "the perfect gentleman" online, I agreed to go to dinner with him.

He was already waiting for me when I arrived. Once we were seated, things got a little, uh, gross. Not only did he pick his nose at the table, but he also sucked his teeth. As if bad manners weren't enough, he also had a finger missing and insisted on telling me the gruesome details of how he lost it. Just as he got to the part about "blood shooting out," I excused myself to the ladies room. The biggest surprise was what happened next. One of the waitresses came in and asked me if I was okay. She said that she had overheard some of our conversation and volunteered to concoct an "emergency" phone call for me. After the details were outlined, I returned to the table and shortly thereafter, the waitress came over and did her thing. I left without so much as a look back. It was the absolute worst date that I have ever had!

--submitted by redeemed

No comments: