Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Three Second Date

I was new to Internet dating, and I had just started talking to a few guys by email. This one guy started emailing me more and more frequently, then sent me a couple of photos of himself. When he started to bug me about me sending photos of myself, I should have known this wasn't the one ...

I never did send photos of myself, but we kept talking and even exchanged phone numbers. (If I remember correctly, I was the one who had to call him!) Anyway, we talked on the phone and throughout the conversation he kept asking me what I looked like. I tried to describe myself to him and must have sounded okay because he asked me if I wanted to see a movie together that Friday. For some reason I ignored the red flag that was being waved in front of my face and said, "Yes."

I was a little nervous that day, but also kind of excited. That night, he showed up at my house and rang the doorbell. I answered the door and greeted him (since this was technically our first time meeting each other), but as I turned to grab my purse, my "date" stopped me. He said, "I really don't think that this is going to work out. Sorry." Then he left!

I didn't know what to say. I was in shock, I guess. I just went back in my house, dazed because this total jerk only cared about my appearance. Then I reported him to the Website. From the response I got back, it was apparent that he had done this to more women than just me. I can't imagine what he was thinking, but here's a word of advice for everyone: What counts is the beauty that you bring to others.

--submitted by libby136

No comments: