Sunday, July 13, 2008

One Girlfriend Too Many

I went on a first date with a great guy. The date went really well. He seemed so polite and considerate. For example, we went to my favorite restaurant for dinner, then to a bar I love for drinks, and we even had courtside seats at a basketball game. Then came our second date.

At dinner, we were talking about an overseas trip he had taken recently, and how some of the men of that region were so rude to a woman with whom he was traveling. This made me think he had traveled on a tour, and so I asked what group he had gone with. He quickly and matter-of-factly responded, (continued below)

"With my girlfriend." I waited for him to add "at the time" or qualify her as an ex-girlfriend, but he didn't. He just sat there with a look on his face that said, "Oops, I wasn't supposed to say that." It was clear to both of us that the cat was out of the bag, so to speak, and that the date was very, very over.

--submitted by Kathleen

No comments: