Sunday, July 13, 2008

When He Insists on Feeding You

I met a really cute, nice guy in a bar. We agreed to have dinner the following night. He told me we were going to a very lavish, expensive dinner and said I should dress my absolute best. I was so excited I went out and spent a small fortune on a new dress and shoes. I needn't have bothered: He took me to Bennigans! (For those of you who don't have Bennigans nearby, it's a chain like T.G.I. Fridays and Applebees.) It's not a bad place at all, but this guy told me we were going to a five-star restaurant! He showed up wearing an outfit that looked slept in. Believe it or not, the evening got much worse. When my dinner arrived, the meat was so tough he had to cut it up for me. Then, he insisted that he feed it to me. As he did, he made airplane noises! The other diners were staring -- it was a scene. Needless to say, my appetite diminished quickly. The guy called for at least a year afterward and couldn't understand why I wouldn't return his calls.

--submitted by drays_girl

No comments: