Sunday, July 13, 2008

When Dinner Includes Salad, Fries and Sex

I was at a party, met a pretty nice guy and agreed to go out with him. A few days later he picked me up, and we went out to dinner and to a movie. Nothing fancy -- total cost for both of us for everything would have been around 50 dollars. It was a fabulous date. He was funny, smart, charming and acted like a real gentleman. That is, until later. He dropped me off back at my place and asked if he could come in. I said no, and told him I needed to get to sleep so I could get to work at 7:30 the next morning. He put his hand on the door, keeping me from opening it, and said -- with no trace of irony -- "but I bought you dinner." Needless to say, I was dumbfounded. I dug in my pocket, handed him 20 dollars and said, "Now we're even."

--submitted by simijo

No comments: