Sunday, July 13, 2008

Two Is Company, an Ex-Wife Is a Crowd

I had been on a couple of dates with a very nice and sweet car salesman. On our third date, he confessed that he was divorced and had a son. I said that I didn't have a problem with it, but that I wished he had told me sooner. We had a date the next day to go bungee jumping. On my way to meet him, I got a call from him saying that he had his son with him because he wanted me to meet him. I said fine and headed over to the park.

When I got there, he told me his ex-wife would be coming along shortly with her boyfriend to pick up their son. Two hours later I'm hanging around an arcade holding one hand of the child, while his mother is holding the other. We were all hanging around like a big happy family. It was weird. I had a vision of three years down the road, seeing myself with this salesman as my husband, his son, his ex-wife and her new husband and their child all hanging around together!

--submitted by marlbrchick

No comments: